Sunday, July 2, 2017

Photo Issue #2, Page 10

For full pages, please visit: www.IronFistRegime.com


My problem with using actors and taking pictures of someones face is that once I have established that "This is Agent Wu's face," I have to use that same actor every time. What happens when I need a page, but the actor isn't available? Maybe they are out of town for the week, month, year? Maybe they died? O maybe they're just dead to me because we had a falling out? Do I now awkwardly tip-toe around not taking this one specific character's face? Or do I try to establish a new face of the same character? Whatever happens, once I have a picture of someones face, they are now that character, and changing it won't be easy and it's risky. I don't want to use actors for that reason.

But shadow play on the wall? Not only will it go well with what happens in the future of this comic, it looks interesting, it can convey emotion, and I don't have to worry about re-using a face. I'm really happy with this page, and I hope my readers are, too.

But story line wise... in my drawn comic of this, what just occurred took a couple more pages, and was pretty damn clear. I understand what's going, so do my test readers... but I know what was supposed to happen, and my test readers know the story as well. How about you, internet readers, did you follow what happened over the last couple of pages with Detective White?

No comments:

Post a Comment