Sunday, July 2, 2017

Photo Issue #2, Page 3

For full pages, please visit: www.IronFistRegime.com



The original idea of Dameon Strykes came to me when I lived in Boston. I was a poor college student (as opposed to a now poor man with a degree), and I slept on the floor of a crummy apartment complex. The walls of my apartment were red and it overlooked an alley. I slept on an air mattress on the floor, and near where I laid my head was a hand print in the red paint. While it was most likely just a kids print that was trying to "help" their parent as they painted the room, I took a picture of it. I wrote the story of Jared Blaine, a man who saw a horrible crime in the alley his apartment faced, did nothing so the criminals got away, and then was tortured by someone that knew he let them get away.


This led to me taking a series of pictures like this about some kind of Lovecraftian beast, which over time evolved into Dameon Strykes and the Soulscourger. While I lost the original photo, along with a lot of the other things I did back then, this image always stuck in my head, and Jared Blaine has stayed as a Dameon Strykes story,

No comments:

Post a Comment